New from winter 2018/19 in Hochgurgl: Kirchenkarbahn Sevtion II 10-person gondola cabins.The second section of the Kirchenkar Gondola adds to even more skiing fun in the already existing offer that comprises 112 slope kilometers and 25 state-of-the-art mountain lifts. Also the second part of the mono-rope gondola features the same technical sophistication and even more comfort for winter vacationers, which translates into more space, a quieter operation in the gondola stations and significantly less vibration while riding.
From the base station at 2147 m, winter sports fans reach the top station at 2839 m above sea level in just under nine minutes from November 2018 onwards. If you prefer shorter slopes or if you want to explore the terrain around the top station, you can get on or off at the middle station. Even in colder temperatures transportation is extremely pleasant thanks to the cabin's heated seats. The new section also comprises 2.2 kilometers of new - red and blue - ski runs. For freeride fans, who are looking for the ultimate thrill outside the signposted ski area on their own, varied powder terrain opens up to the left and right of the mountain station. Excellent conditions are guaranteed until late spring thanks to the high altitude and the northeast-facing slopes below Kirchenkogl summit.
Pleasant mountain gondola ride
A stay in the Obergurgl-Hochgurgl ski resort can be combined with culinary highlights in a truly unique way. Gourmands simply book the Perrier-Jouët gondola cabin and enjoy fine drinks and mouth-watering specialties prepared at the Top Mountain Crosspoint Restaurant while riding on the Kirchenkar gondola. A gondola ride also offers unrivaled panoramic views of the snow-topped Ötztal mountains. This exclusive experience is available for up to five persons.
Facts Kirchenkarbahn II
- Mono-rope gondola
- 10-passenger gondola lift (D-Line product line)
- Total hourly capacity of 2400 people
- From 2147 m up to 2839 m in just under nine minutes (base station to top station – middle station at 2630 m) - section II approx. 2 min, 500 m length
- Getting on or off possible at the middle station
- More comfort:
- heated seats
- more space
- a quieter operation (in the gondola stations)
- less vibration (while riding)
- Section II from November 2018 onwards
- 2.2 kilometers of new ski runs (blue 1.5 km & red 0.7 km)
- Freeride-Gebiet neben der Bergstation
- Varied powder terrain next to the mountain station
- Perrier-Jouët gondola cabin for gourmands -> fine drinks and specialties prepared at the Top Mountain Crosspoint Restaurant; for up to five persons
Latest Resort News
La Plagne: What's new 2018 - 2019
Magic Pass is back in 2019-2020