La Folie Douce Hotel is opening in December 2018, the brand known for slopeside parties are reinventing the historical palace of Le Savoy into their flagship hotel. Right on the slopes, La Folie Douce Hotel is ski in, ski out at the foot of the Savoy lift which links into the Brevent and Flegere ski areas. Finally, a hotel in Chamonix where taking the bus is not a necessity. You have, arguably, the two best ski areas in Chamonix on your doorstep.
Of course, being a Folie Douce the hotel will not forget its much-loved roots in the form of aprés parties. Each day the After Mountain Bar will host live music from 4-8pm, we expect this to be the feisty Folie experience that has changed the aprés scene across France but we'll have to wait until the season begins to find out. On top of this, there's a 640 square metre spa with 8 massage rooms, 2 saunas and a steam room as well as an outdoor heated pool with mountain views, a fitness room and yoga classes in the valley.
There are 3 restaurants to sample in the evenings and a chill out wine bar for a calmer post ski experience to the After Mountain party. And children have not been forgotten with a kids club that runs from 8am til 9pm for 4-12 year olds. This includes ski lessons as well as indoor and outdoor activities from movie nights to mountain excursions.
- Ski in, ski out accommodation in Chamonix, say no more
- After Mountain aprés party, Folie Douce is famous for
- Gorgeous outdoor pool with stunning views
- Kid club looks after 4-12 year olds all day should you wish. Le Kids Palace is 72€ per day including ski lessons, lunch and activities. Or the evening session, 5-9pm, is 30€ including dinner
- There is a ski rental shop in the hotel with the latest Rossignol and Black Crow gear
- To ski back at the end of the day there is a black run that leads onto the green or you can catch the gondola down
- There is a visitors tax payable in resort (normally a couple of euros per person per day)
- Guests get a digital bracelet you can charge anything in the hotel too - you get a balance update each day - one for the tech heads
Latest Resort News
San Pellegrino all the news for the 2018-2019 ski season
Gudauri skipass prices 2018-2019
Courchevel skipass prices 2018 - 2019