Ski Resorts News
Les 2 Alpes has multiple long-term development projects involving its ski area, property and facilities. A number of these started work in May 2018, with the resort preparing for the future. Over the next 5 years, Les 2 Alpes’ large-scale projects represent an investment of almost 500 million Euros (ski lifts, ski run equipment, expanding the artificial snow cover, leisure properties and public infrastructure).
2018: New chairlift
The biggest change on the slopes is happening in the La Toura area. Here, the ageing Toura and Lac Noir chairlifts are being replaced with an express eight-seater lift. This will serve the Freestyleland Snowpark as well as the Lac Noir 1 and Lac Noir 2 pistes. Les Deux Alpes has long been known for its snowparks, so this will be appreciated by many visitors. Freestyle skiers and snowboarders will benefit from faster turnaround times when sessionning the various lines through the park. These include a couple of freestyle-novice friendly lines – the Easy Park and Family Cross. Experts will head to the more serious Slopestyle, Big Air and Park Avenue sections while a skier/boardercross course completes the Snowpark. Those looking to keep their skis firmly on the ground will be able to enjoy a quicker ride to the often overlooked Lac Noir pistes.
2019: Huge wave of investment on the ski area
New chair lifts will be built on the sectors of Les Crêtes, Le Thuit, Le Super Venosc and Pierre Grosse (La Fée sector / middle of the La Fée sector up to the top of Le Signal chair lift on the glacier). This will allow for the ski area to be rearranged, allowing clients to discover new snowsports areas and to clear crowds on the major route of the Jandri Express blue run and gondola lift (2nd phase).
New for families
- European Ski School is launching a mini snowboarding school with adapted snowboards and lessons for children from 3 to 6 years old. From €45 per hour, equipment included.
- Explorers’ hike: a 1.5km route with animalthemed questions. The walk takes place on the snow front up to St Benoît chapel. You just need to collect your travel journal from the Tourist Office and you’re off on a beautiful discovery to find out everything there is to know about mountain wildlife. And this is completely free!
- A snow bowling alley or how to “unstick” the most pins in an inflatable rubber ring, every Monday at 4.30pm. This activity is run free of charge by the tourist office.
- A doughnut-style inflatable rubber ring slide – jump on to an enormous mattress or air bag (every afternoon, €3).
- A yoga session (Hatha yoga, exercises + relaxation) every Friday morning, in the snow, facing La Muzelle mountain (from 10.30am to 11.30am). This activity is free of charge, run by the Tourist Office.
Les 2 Alpes
ski area opening date 1 december 2018 – 27 april 2019
Latest Resort News
San Pellegrino all the news for the 2018-2019 ski season
The most important news regards our family offers: in fact, we have updated and expanded the Le Buse ski school slope, which is easily accessible with the Falcade cabin lift. Now there is also a new ski lift, a long moving walkway and a wide “first steps” area, where learners can practice and experiment their first exciting descents in complete safety.
Gudauri skipass prices 2018-2019
Get all the information about ski pass tariffs, special offers, season dates for the Gudauri ski resort. This year mountain ski resort Gudauri becomes 30 years old. Tourists, skiers and hikers will arrive in completely renewed resort.
Courchevel skipass prices 2018 - 2019
Here, you can find the Courchevel Valley and 3 Valleys ski pass prices for the ski season 2018-2019, together with explanatory notes about season periods, reductions for seniors and children. Courchevel Valley Ski Area Openings From December 8th 2018 to April 22nd 2019